Easter is right around the corner, so now is the time to plan your holiday meal. This super-simple recipe for Coca-Cola glazed ham will be the perfect starting point in your planning. The finished ham will be tender and tasty, the ideal centerpiece for your Easter holiday meal.
With only a few ingredients and a 30-minutes-at-a-time process, you will have more than enough time to make some deviled eggs, green beans, and warm rolls. The only drawback might be the delicious aroma. The ham smells so good as it cooks that you’ll be tempted to sample some too soon. Be patient and wait. The Coca-Cola glaze only gets better the longer you baste the ham.
Your family will have plenty of ham leftover for breakfast biscuits and lunch-time sandwiches the next day. You’ll like it so much that you won’t want to wait until next Easter before making it again.
Happy Easter from all of here at the Rock Hill Coca-Cola Bottling Company!
- 8-10 lb spiral-cut ham (if you cannot get a pre-cut ham, be sure to slice it before step 4)
- 12 oz can of Coca-Cola (room temperature; NOT Diet Coke)
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 3 cups brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a large roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the Coca-Cola, orange marmalade, dijon mustard, brown sugar, and ground ginger. Cook over medium-low heat just until the brown sugar is dissolved and everything is mixed. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the ham on its side in the center of the roasting pan.
- Evenly coat the ham with the cooled Coca-Cola mixture. Make sure some gets between the slices as well.
- Bake the ham for approximately 2½ hours. Baste the ham with the Coca-Cola mixture every 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool some before serving.
- Stand back and enjoy the praise for your excellent Coca-Cola glazed ham.
- Enjoy your Easter.