Halloween is lurking just around the corner. Now is the time to plan parties for all the ghosts and goblins around Rock Hill. Knocking on doors to collect candy can be a grueling task, sure to lead to parched throats. This Ghoul’s Punch made with Sprite and Seagram’s Ginger Ale will slake the thirst of even the driest skeleton.
- 2 liters of Sprite
- 1 liter of Seagram’s Ginger Ale
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 cup of pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup of grenadine syrup
- Gummy worms or gummy insects (for garnish)
- Dry ice (for a spooky effect, optional)
- plastic syringes (for garnish, optional)
- In a large punch bowl or cauldron, combine the Sprite and Seagram’s Ginger Ale. If your punch bowl is clear, you can try to layer the different drinks by pouring carefully and slowly. This effect will only work until you start serving the Ghoul’s Punch. At that point you’ll need to mix the layers.
- Stir in the orange juice and pineapple juice. This will add some fruity flavors and will brighten the color of the Ghoul’s Punch. Again, pour carefully to achieve a layered effect.
- Slowly pour the grenadine syrup over the back of a spoon into the punch. This will create a blood-red layer at the bottom of the bowl. Just the right amount of ick-factor.
- Add gummy worms or gummy insects to the punch or around the rim of the bowl for a creepy-crawly effect. Adding a couple to the bottom of each cup will work, as well.
- If you want to create a foggy and spooky atmosphere, you can add small pieces of dry ice to the punch bowl. Make sure to handle dry ice with care and avoid direct contact with skin. Use tongs or gloves to place the dry ice. The bubbling action of the dry ice will also help to mix the punch.
- Serve the Ghoul’s Punch in cups or glasses, and be sure to warn your guests not to touch or ingest the dry ice directly.
- For an extra-creepy gross out effect, use syringes half-filled with grenadine or cranberry juice as a garnish in the cups. Be sure to rinse the syringes before using them.
This Ghoul’s Punch is not only delicious but also visually striking with its different colored layers and eerie dry ice fog. It’s sure to be a hit at your Halloween party!