The world starts to come alive in March, and Rock Hill is getting into the spring spirit in the biggest of ways in 2019. Check out these great events in March 2019.
The Rock Hill Coca-Cola Bottling Company is proud to present The Hunts. On Friday, March 1st at the Sullivan Middle School Auditorium, the seven siblings of The Hunts will bring their unique style of alternative folk back to Rock Hill. Hailing from Chesapeake, Virginia, this family band is heavy on harmonies and uplifting songs. Doors open at 7 p.m. The show begins at 7:30.
On Friday, March 8th, the streets of York will be agleam with the shine of Airstreams. Starting with a parade at 9 a.m. around the downtown area, dozens of Airstreams will gather for a rally. It’s sure to be quite a spectacle for lovers of the shiny metal RVs.
St. Patrick’s Day on Main
The wearing of the green comes a day early in 2019, as the St. Patrick’s Day on Main in Rock Hill will be held on Saturday, March 16th from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Now in its 11th year, this one day festival gives everyone a chance to be Irish for the day. As always, attendees can enjoy plenty of food and drink, with special activities for the kids.
South Carolina Humanities Festival
Each year, a city in South Carolina is tapped to host the South Carolina Humanities Festival. In 2019, the city is our own Rock Hill. From Thursday, March 28th to Saturday, March 30th, Rock Hill will come alive will celebrations of the history and culture that make the area what it is. Some of the highlights for the festival include:
- Underexposed Film Festival YC, a short independent film fest highlighting the best in indie film-making.
- Drive the Arts, a self-guided tour of sculpture and art in Rock Hill.
- 130 Years of Springs, an exhibit at the Fort Mill History Museum that looks at Springs Industries, the textile manufacturer.
- “At Home at the Zoo”, a two-act play by Edward Albee presented in Winthrop University’s Johnson Studio Theatre.
- Gianni Schicchi Opera performed in Winthrop University’s Tillman Auditorium.
Many more events will take place across the city over the course of the festival’s three days.